Have you created a Google+ Brand page but don’t see your business on Google Maps?
Most likely, what you meant to do was create a local listing by using Google My Business. A Google+ Brand page is for any business that wants to create a presence on the web, not just for a business that performs services out of a physical storefront. (D’oh! But don’t feel bad. We wouldn’t be writing this post if others haven’t run into the same issue).
Here are instructions for getting listed on Google Maps if you already have a Google+ Brand page:
- Sign in to Google+ using the account of the owner of the Brand page. (It’s gotta be the owner account).
- If you haven’t done so yet, go to Google My Business and create a local listing.
- On the left-hand side, click “Pages > Manage this page” for the local listing page you had created. (Please note that it will look very similar to the Brand page, but it will have a verification badge next to the business name).
- In the top left corner, click “Dashboard > Settings”.
- In the “Profile” section, click “Connect a different page”.
- Click “Confirm”. This will connect the Google+ Brand page to Maps and disconnect the local listing page you had created through Google My Business.
Once the Google+ Brand page is showing up on Maps, you’ll see the name and verification badge of the former local listing & all the business info (hours, phone, etc). The followers, posts and managers will be preserved. And any management responses to reviews will show up (although it might take a few hours to populate). Google advises you to remove ad campaigns associated with the page in case you are running some.